Motorcycle Learner License
[des_priceTable table_title=”Learner License 6L” table_amount=”$” table_billing=”Learner License” table_btnlabel=”Book Now”]
Motorcycle Learner License Stage 6L
Steps Required for your Motorcycle Learner License
- Age Required – Be at least 16 years of age
- Basic Skills Certificate – Practical Riding Skills on a preset course
- Theory Multi-choice – 35 Road Code Questions, (25 General + 10 Motorcycle Specific)
Requirements To Achieve This Stage
To achieve your Motorcycle Learners License you initially have to successfully complete the Basic Skills Certificate course. This course is designed for demonstration of ones ability to confidently maneuver and operate a motorcycle or scooter smoothly whilst performing the required tasks. Once you have been successful you will be issued with your copy of the Basic Skills certificate, you are then able to book into a Licensing Agency, as listed below, to sit your Theory, which is the final stage to achieving your Motorcycle Learner License:
Once you have successfully achieved your Motorcycle Learner License you are legally able to ride any LAMS approved motorcycle on public roads.
Where to go for a licence or endorsement
To get or renew your driver licence or a licence endorsement you need to apply in person at an NZ Transport Agency driver licensing agent.
Our agents are:
- The Automobile Association (AA) (external link) – most AA offices
- Vehicle Testing New Zealand (VTNZ) (external link) – selected VTNZ stations
- Vehicle Inspection New Zealand (VINZ) (external link) – Auckland, Lower Hutt, Christchurch and Dunedin only.